Saturday, January 14, 2012

Professional Behaviors

Chapter 3 from "The Successful Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Student" is all about professional behaviors and in reading the chapter I did not learn anything I didn't already now, but I think when it comes to OTA and working in any other field there is going to be a lot of similarities - because no matter what you do...you have to interact with people, clients, boss, co-workers and you run into people you are going to like and people you don't...the trick to making it in this world is making sure "people" don't know if they are on the liked side or the disliked side.

I know that my attitude is important and my job is to smile, listen, observe and instruct the client all in a positive way. And if asked how I am doing, I will respond with a phrase that has done a lot to shape how other view me...and remember me as always saying, "I am living the dream."

Doing fieldwork as an SOTA is not something I am concerned with: I have a professional demeanor, I understand about ethics and confidentiality because I was an administrative assistant in human resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment